What to Bring to Sark
- Sark is an active outdoor holiday destination. There are no tarmac roads. Bicycles or ‘Shanks Pony’ are the two most popular forms of transport.
- There is no need to bring your own bike to Sark. Bicycles can easily be hired from one of the local, family-run cycle hire businesses. Please enquire for daily hire charges.
- For walking we advise a pair of good sturdy walking shoes, or boots or trainers.
- A good map (of Sark!) and possibly a GPS or good compass are useful. Sark is not very large but it is possible to get lost!
- On spring and autumn days a light coat or a good Guernsey sweater are advisable.
- A waterproof coat or anorak are also advisable as an insurance against the risk of a shower of rain.
- There are no street lights in Sark and there is very little artificial light pollution. Sark is dramatically dark. A good torch is advisable if you are exploring Sark after dark.
Never get lost! Stocks GPS – 49°25’42″N, 02°21’39″W