Keeping it local.
- Stocks has traditionally worked closely with Sark fishermen, farmers and other local suppliers.
- We continue to feature superb quality local fish, shellfish, meat and vegetables.
- The renovation of Stocks has been sympathetic with Sark’s unique eco-environment.
- We are passionate about energy conservation and the use of solar energy.
- All the buildings have been super-insulated and double-glazed wherever possible.
- Solar panels have been installed to provide primary heat for the swimming pool.
- Drinking water is sourced from our own bore hole. This is excellent quality and simply served chilled and filtered – still or sparkling – throughout the hotel.
- Our swimming pool, garden and laundry water are sourced from natural catchment via the old artisian well at Stocks.
- A brand new state-of-the-art biological water treatment plant ensures that even our waste water is treated to the highest UK and EU standards.
We fully support the principles of low food miles and a carbon neutral footprint.